Overall look and appearance (Leopard)

Discussion in 'macOS' started by diazj3, Sep 11, 2008.

1. diazj3 macrumors 6502a

Hi all! I've been breaking my head over it, and can´t find an answer... Anyone knows a way to change the overall look of OS X - the color/style of the menu bar, the color of background and text in windows and dialog boxes, the color of the header of selected apps or windows, etc on Leopard? Here's a screenshot I found in a mac forum in spanish - notice the dark background and white text, plus the color of the menu bar:

[​IMG]

Is there a specific app to achieve this? or, if it must be done through terminal and command lines, where can I find info to learn? I've tried to contact the original author, but no luck.

Thanks!

2. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

For Tiger there is ShapeShifter, but nothing I know of for Leopard.

3. mattrobs macrumors member

4. opeter macrumors 65816

opeter

5. diazj3 thread starter macrumors 6502a

r.j.s, mattrobs, opeter: Thanks a lot for your input...! now I know the correct term ("theming", themes... sorry, english is not my first language).

Anyway, I read somewhere that this kind of apps sometimes mess around with the system´s performance and tend to cause problems... ¿if you've used them, how did it go for you?

Thanks again,

6. diazj3 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks a lot for your input...! now I know the correct term ("theming", themes... sorry, english is not my first language).

Anyway, I read somewhere that this kind of apps sometimes mess around with the system´s performance and tend to cause problems... ¿if you've used them, how did it go for you?

Thanks again,

7. diazj3 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks! I'll wait and see.

8. diazj3 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks, I'll keep looking.