Overall "Most liked" IPod Touch Case...

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by tml.chelseafc, Aug 8, 2009.

1. tml.chelseafc macrumors member

I already ordered my invisible shield but I am looking at cases now... Please advice... :)

2. celticpride678

I love my iFrogz case. They are cheap and durable.

3. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

Well, i wouldn't call it "most loved", but i picked up a DLO "thing" at Best Buy and have turned out to actually really LIKE the grips it adds to the sides. I got it mainly so the kids wouldn't drop it. I want to get an Otterbox for the same kid protection...

The screen protector it came with had a sticker stuck and i really need to clean it off... it's driving me bonkers.

This one, http://dlo.com/products/view/JJGame_touch2G

Like i said, not my first choice for ME, but for not stressing when the kids play it, it works. Also, when i'm playing something at night it's working too.

I'm planning on upgrading to the new version in September - and i'll be on the hunt then for something. I'd prefer something leather with a belt clip, (like an EB Case, but not excited about paying EB Cases prices)..... i'm not big on carrying purses and i'm tired of hunting around for it in the house.

4. crmccashin macrumors regular

crmccashin

5. AustinZ macrumors member

AustinZ

I have the iClear case by Griffin for the first generation iPod touch. It's actually pretty decent- the appearance is pretty unobtrusive if you like the way the iPod looks without a case. It also comes with some sort of plastic screen protector (which I didn't end up using), and opens up with the twist of a coin. The back of the case is all scratched up from being in my pocket all the time, but given that without it the back of the iPod would be even worse off, that's not really a big negative.

As for protection, I've dropped the thing a few times and the case has absorbed all the blows without splitting open. (Not sure how durable the iPod is on its own, never really cared to test it.) One nice thing is that the case will pretty much ensure that the screen doesn't get scratched if the iPod lands face down.

6. jpbl68 macrumors member

I'm looking for a case at the moment. It doesn't have to be pretty just durable. I want to be able to leave my iPod in my bag and not have to worry about it getting damaged. Any suggestions? The Belkin that another poster linked to looks promising. Just how strong is it?

7. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

The Otterbox Defender? Speck Tough skin?

http://www.otterbox.com/ipod-cases/ipod-touch-2nd-gen-defender-case/

http://www.speckproducts.com/products/toughskin/ipod-touch-2nd-gen/169

there is a coupon posted in a thread in the iPhone forums for 50% off at speck - except they apparently charge $10 shipping.

I'm thinking from everything i have read the Otterbox is the one i'll pick.

8. AngryApple macrumors 6502

+1

I use this one, though. Apparently it is made just for the iPod touch second gen. It comes in black, too. ;)

Very nice case. Doesn't hinder anything.

9. tml.chelseafc thread starter macrumors member

10. mzd macrumors 6502a

the switch easy cases tend to be well liked.
    i've got the neo touch and my sister has the rebel for her iPhone.

[​IMG]

11. tml.chelseafc thread starter macrumors member

I was looking at the Elan Form Graphite from Griffin. Anything wrong with it?

12. rock.ponting macrumors newbie

I have 2 cases... one is griffin iclear case, it comes with a screen protector and a cleaning cloth. And other one is a personalized silicone Gamefacez iPod case which includes a screen protector, microfiber cleaning cloth.

13. cmichaelb macrumors 68020

cmichaelb

Macally Metro are great and slim...I also am fond of Incase sliders..

14. NXTMIKE macrumors 6502

15. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

A bit expensive, but does come with 2 reusable screen protectors in both glossy and matte finish.

Power Support Air Jacket (Black)

Nice and slim fit, provides solid grip (rubber material), and looks great with the new MBPs color combination. It's not bulky and very form fitting.

16. wywern209 macrumors 65832

wywern209

about the switcheasy cases. are they sold in any stores in wisconsin? because frankly, i don't trust the other merchants on amazon besides amazon itself. btw, i don't have any gripes with it, my dad, the person with the credit card has gripes with it.

17. rjames86 macrumors member

How come no one ever mentions iSkin? I've always used them ever since the 3G iPod. Great cases.

18. jpbl68 macrumors member

I opted for the Otterbox Defender. It looks pretty tough. Cheers for the rec.

19. Austin2048 macrumors 6502

Austin2048

why dont you just order it from switcheasy.com. thats what im doin with the switcheasy neo touch

20. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

Glad to have helped! It's a maze sorting thru all the options - i first heard about the Otterbox from a group of Mom's! LOL!!

21. jpbl68 macrumors member

The Otterbox Defender arrived today. It feels sturdy. The silicon outer casing feels like it could absorb a fair amount of force and it makes the volume/power buttons much easier to use. I'm not too worried about dropping my iPod on a hard surface.

My only concern is with the screen protector. When the case is fully assembled it looks like there's water trapped between the protector and the actual screen, I'm assuming this is an air bubble. As the protector is attached to the plastic casing it's proving difficult to get rid of the bubble. Has anyone else had this? Does anyone know how to get rid of this bubble? Right now I'm considering cutting out the screen protector all together.

EDIT: Apparently this problem can be solved by very lightly dusting the inside of the screen protector with baby power. I'm going to try this now.

22. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

Do you have another protector on there? i thought that was the only time there were issues. The dropping protection is my biggest concern when handing it to the kids - but my Treo has been bumped off my belt clip so many times that i'm pretty sure there is no way the Touch would have survived (nor would an iPhone).

Did you happen to get the clip for it? I'm pondering a trip to the AT&T store to look at the iPhone version they are supposed to carry.

23. keysersoze macrumors 68000

keysersoze

I want one of those, but will it fit on a 1G ipod touch? I guess I don't know the differences between a 1g and 2g.

24. jpbl68 macrumors member

The baby powder/talc trick worked, eventually. It took quite a few attempts for me to get the right amount of powder on the screen protector. Too much and the screen feels grainy and looks dusty. Too little and the water marks return. But it was definitely worth the effort. The Otterbox Defender looks and feels great.

I didn't have a screen protector on there when I put the Otterbox on. I heard that an alternative to using baby powder/talc is to put an anti-glare screen protector on your iPod first. I don't know how well that works.

The version I got doesn't have the option for a belt clip. Which is fine for me because I wouldn't want to walk around with it on display.

I don't want to test out how strong the case is but I'm confident that I could drop this on concrete whilst running and my iPod would be fine.

EDIT: I can't remember if it was in this thread but I remember someone asking whether the silicon outer casing made it more difficult to get it into and out of your pockets. The silicon definitely makes it easier to grip in your hand but it doesn't really catch on your clothing in the same way that rubber does so it isn't awkward trying to take it out of your pocket.

25. MuDPHuDStudent macrumors member

I have this one and love it. I just wish I could buy a pack of about a dozen of the dock connector protector (or that it be attached to the case) because that sucker is easy to lose.