Overall opinions on iPhone 4 after a couple weeks

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Petey-ed, Jul 3, 2010.

?

What is your overall rating of the iPhone 4 after a couple weeks use?

Poll closed Jul 17, 2010.
  1. A - No issues. best iPhone yet

47.2%
  2. B - overall good experience but a few nags that most likely a software issue

38.3%
  3. C - a so so outlook. Definitely not the best iPhone made, but still works fine

6.1%
  4. D - terrible iPhone, probably the worst one yet, I'm having far too many issues

5.0%
  5. F - I've returned mine already.

2.8%
  1. Petey-ed macrumors 6502

What do you think after using it for a couple weeks?

What Im assuming we'll find here is that majority of the people have zero issues and that the people who are, are android users flaming or just very vocal.

2. bowlerman625 macrumors 68020

bowlerman625

I know a number of people with the new iPhone and they all feel the same way I do.

It's the best iPhone yet.

3. Petey-ed thread starter macrumors 6502

It just seems like there is a very vocal minority with issues. I can repeat the signal issue on my i4 just like everyone else, but honestly who death grips their phone during a phone call. I think people have too much free time and have some OCD issues when it comes to apple products.

4. tigress666 macrumors 68040

I picked B. iOS 4.0 seems kinda buggy. I love my phone overall, but the OS seems like it needs some refinement. I am hoping they come up with a good update in a month or so.

At least it wasnt' the OS the 3G started with. I was ready to smack Safari with how many times it frikkin crashed (it would reliabley crash on all but the simplist of websites. I was starting to think it was a good thing the phone was pretty addictive cause Safari was getting to the point of being practically unusable with how unstable it was. I loved it when they came up with an update cause it made the phone perfect. I'd be pissed if iOS4's Safari was that bad again. As pissed as some people are about the antenna).

And I gotta agree, I think the antenna thing is way overblown. No, I don't disbelieve it exists. What I believe is that people are going overboard with how inflexible they are willing to be. No, you shouldn't have to buy a bumper and it's annoying to be told to hold it differently but yes, the phone will work if held differently (for most complaining) and it is just a small corner, it's not like you can't hold it (which I see people yelling about all the time. Sure, if it was the whole side I'd agree with you but it's one corner!!! Consider it a flaw and if that really bugs you so much that the good sides of hte phone don't compensate, return it and get another phone! If you like the phone so much it's hard to return it, then adjust and learn how to hold it differnetly or deal with a bumper! It really isn't that hard! I am dealing with a case cause the phone is fragile and I'll admit that is a compromise cause I would have rather had it stay naked. But the phone is so nice it's not worth returning it over that).

5. Ronnoco macrumors 68030

Ronnoco

Love the iP4...mine works very very well...I just finished a fun FaceTime call with my daughter and niece in the Bay Area [I'm in the San Diego area], and it was truly fantastic. The video was as if they were right in the room with me and the audio quality was outstanding. I was able to switch to the rear camera and let my niece see her puppy we are sitting for her...she was SO happy to see her!...The FaceTime app is amazing IMO
    Otherwise, I've had nothing but an excellent user experience both with the iP4 and the limited contact I've had with Apple CS...
    No dropped calls, no dropped data, the retina display is jaw-dropping and the speed at which apps open and close is awesome...the multitasking feature is a welcomes addition as well....

6. Fernandez21 macrumors 601

Fernandez21

Um, couple of weeks? It's only been one week and 2 days, maybe 4 for some. Anyway, the phones awesome, only problem I have is no service at my house when holding it with my left hand. Other than that, I love the speed, screen and other little tweaks.

7. dsn112 macrumors member

I'm neither, but an early adopter of each of the previous IPhones.

I have already had mine replaced due to multiple issues, including no sim and constant shutdowns and freezes. Had to go to the apple store today too for the wifes since hers started acting up with no sim issues.

As an apple guy and not some hater, this is by far the worst apple product launch ever. They rushed this phone and it shows by all the issues.

I also have the signal issue, bumper or not, but that doesn't really bother me

8. caligurl macrumors 68030

caligurl

it's been just over a week....

i can't vote in the poll cuz none of the answers fit me...

i have 2 issues: the reception issue (when holding the phone the same way i held my 3GS the past year.... i lose the ability to access data/the internet.. that's not an issue with how many bars it's showing... ) and i have the proximity sensor issue....

if they'd fix those two issues i'd be happy.... (and i feel the proximity issue is a far worse defect!)

i'm not an android user... never had one don't want one.... the 3GS was my first iphone and i've absolutely loved it for the past year... that's why i spent $499 to buy the latest, greatest iphone...

9. pasipple macrumors 6502a

pasipple

I've had mine since the initial release and have had absolutely no problems. I was able to replicate the antennae problem if I covered the left bottom of the iPhone but the bumper has rectified the issue. Any case will alleviate the issue.

IMO...the iPhone 4 is so much better than the 3GS. I'm getting better battery life (by far), cameras front and back, love the new OS4, Folders, multitasking, its all good. The new retina screen is a 100% improvement on the 3GS...very sharp. Lighter, thinner...

I like the bumper too. Very high quality, sleek, fits snuggly, looks great...and it's easily to get on and off.

Happy iPhone customer..........

10. diabolic macrumors 68000

Looks like you are correct.

11. saxon48 macrumors 6502a

saxon48

Best iPhone yet. My brother is absolutely amazed by it, and at the same time is waiting for a good JB to go along with it. :D

12. Swiss Miss macrumors member

Swiss Miss

No problems what-so-ever with mine. I'm pretty sure it's because my area is a strong signal area for AT&T. The screen is gorgeous. And otherwise, to me, it's the same iPhone I know and love -- but better!

All I need now is a cool case and a Hong Kong knockoff dock. :eek: I'm holding out on the case til I see everything that comes out (though I have protective film all over it so I'm good as far as scratches go).

13. Russiaone macrumors 6502

One thing I love about my new phone (this is probably just iTunes, though) is how fast the synching is now. I used to start a sync and it would take about 3 minutes to finish doing everything.

Now? I go to synch a 300 meg app and it takes 5 seconds. I like. A Lot.

14. wirelessmacuser macrumors 68000

wirelessmacuser

I would be thrilled if I could give this model higher ratings. This is not Apples best work. I've been a loyal customer for years, it's discouraging to have a poor experience. It's even worse to witness the arrogant behavior & the inappropriate comments from the top. Under the present circumstances, they've succeeded at dividing their customers into two camps. The ones that got lucky & don't want to hear the truth. Then we have the second group that got iPhones with problems, only to have their fellow users turn on them.

15. Geekulous macrumors member

I have to agree, I got mine on release day and, having read about the reception issues, decided to buy a bumper with the phone. The bumper fixed the antenna issues and looks pretty nice. Coming from a 3G iOS4 is blazing and the retina screen is beautiful. While Apple may have hit some bumps in the road both pre- and post-launch they still continue to make quality products that are better than the ones before. Overall I'm completely satisfied with the phone.

16. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

Been loving mine since day 1. Still loving it.

Just came back from shooting video of the fireworks display in my town with the iPhone 4 and a Canon EOS T2i. Of course the T2i can do 1080p 30fps video, but I still have to plug that guy in and do some editing. With the iPhone it was a straight shot from the phone to twitter and youtube. Everything was posted and uploaded before I even got back in my car.

And then I called some friends of mine. And the calls didn't drop.

Best iPhone yet!

17. Sleazy E macrumors 65816

Sleazy E

18. douglasf13 macrumors 65816

Love the phone in general, but hate the proximity sensor and necessity for a case.

19. Built macrumors 68020

20. briand05 macrumors 6502

I've only had mine a few days but I've been using it quite a bit and haven't really noticed any issues yet. This is the first iPhone I've had since the 3G I had a couple years ago, the missing features back then really annoyed me so I switched to other phones but still missed the iPhones polish, the 4 is finally the iPhone of my dreams for the most part. I've had a Droid for the past 6 months and it's a nice phone too though compared to the iPhone 4 it seems far inferior. The iPhone 4 seems so much faster and has much better battery life. I think Apple has a very nice balance between battery life and performance with this phone.

21. Romanesq macrumors 6502a

Romanesq

Sizes it up

Correct. And talk about a faulty poll.
    No antenna option equals no vote/sale.

The finger of death on the lower left ain't rectified with a software "fix" changing the bars.

Someone made a bad executive decision on the exterior antenna design, end of story. :apple: