Overcast, dark mode for existing patrons.

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by yegon, Mar 26, 2016.

1. yegon, Mar 26, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2016

yegon macrumors 68020

EDIT: RESOLVED! It was a bug, scroll down to post #3 for details. Great support from dev, kudos!

----

Love Overcast, great app. Happily paid 1 years patronage last October, my most used app along with Safari.

Is Dark Mode/podcast uploading etc only available to NEW patrons since the 2.5 update?

Now, I'm not assuming the worst and I think I read somewhere about a bug in 9.3 that doesn't restore purchases properly in Overcast. I click restore, but Dark Mode etc is still unavailable. Is this due to a bug, or do I have pay another patronage? I'm happy to pay another years patronage...in October '16, but not again now, only 6 months into my current one. It's annoying, I've a load of archived podcasts that I really want to listen to with the added benefit of Smart Speed, but I've still not got a definitive answer on this. Filed a bug report to Arment/Overcast FM a week ago but no response.

Just to get ahead of it, I'm not after a debate on whether it should all be free or not, if it's in continuus development and there's an ongoing cost to the dev's (there is, the servers), I'm happy to pay what is, to me personally, a paltry sum. I don't work for free, I don't expect others too, ymmv which is fine. Also, if it saves me from an ad supported model, sign me up.

2. JTravers macrumors 6502a

Existing patrons should have access to dark mode, as well. Maybe try to "Restore Previous Purchases" in the app's settings?

BTW, don't expect a response from the dev. The dev hardly ever responds to emails, tweets, etc. Hopefully, he still reads them and is aware of this issue, though.

3. yegon thread starter macrumors 68020

Thanks, I'd already tried restore purchases originally but no success.

Anyway, got an email from Arment himself earlier, he fixed the problem and applied a new 12 month patronage to my account starting from today! Great service there :)

4. JTravers macrumors 6502a

That's awesome. Definitely great service.