overclock gtx 680 in mac pro 3.1 under bootcamp

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by gogul1, May 18, 2014.

1. gogul1 macrumors member

Hello, I have been running bootcamp under windows 7 quite well for a little while now and am looking into overclocking the GTX 680 graphics card (in windows as that is my preferred gaming set up). Was hoping to get some recommendations on best set up with the 3.1 eight core Xeon CPU. Obviously I'm not expecting miracles here but squeezing a bit more out of the GPU is never a bad thing.
    Anyone tried this and got a fairly ok result from it?
    I use overclock program XT+ as my graphics card is the KFA2 GTX 680 2GB DDR5

2. ActionableMango macrumors 604

ActionableMango

It seems like most of the people here overclocking have used Kepler BIOS Tweaker since they already used that as part of the flash process.

The faster clocks from Kepler BIOS Tweaker, although set to BIOS in Windows, also improves speed in OS X. This is strange considering OS X is using EFI instead of BIOS, but I don't really understand that stuff very well.

I have a FTW edition. Once the EFI firmware was flashed in, it was set back to reference clocks. So I used Kepler BIOS Tweaker to restore the original factory overclock settings for FTW edition cards. Others have boosted it even further, but I'm fine with it having its original factory settings.