Having successfully flashed a PC 8800GT (EVGA brand), today I decided to try over-clocking it. I initially used a Windows program to alter the clocks on the fly, until I found the upper limit for my card. I then edited the MP 8800 ROM image to alter the clock frequencies so the changes would remain permanent under both Windows and OSX. The stock Apple image has the clock's at Core:600, Memory:900, and Shader:1500 MHz. I have mine running now at 700:1000:1500. I can run Crysis under XP in bootcamp at 740:1050:1500 with no problems, but at those settings I have trouble under OSX. It will boot and run the OS fine, but as soon as I start a game it plays for a few seconds and then locks up. Happens on both the Prey demo and UT 2004. Backing off to 700:1000:1500 runs UT 2004 with no problem, haven't tried the Prey demo at the new numbers yet. I've benchmarked a flyby in UT 2004 for the ATI 2600XT, NV 8800GT (stock), and NV 8800GT (OC). Results are in attached pdf. Not sure why/how the ATI managed to score the max it did, because the difference between the ATI and the NV is huge. The average number gives a much more realistic feel for how the cards compare. i.e. it takes twice as long to complete the flyby on the ATI as it does on the NV. I used Santaduck Toolpak V3 for the benchmark and NiBiTor to edit the ROM image.