Overenthusiastic mods?

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by Hellhammer, Sep 27, 2010.

1. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

As usual, I browsed through the forums and noticed that quite a few threads in iMac forum had been moved. Not that it makes difference to me but was there really a need to move these threads? IMO they were about iMac and the Mac Basics i.e. Wasteland 2 isn't a better place for them, maybe even worse as threads tend to get buried under each other in that forum.

I'm not blaming anyone for doing that, I know there are new mods that must be enthusiastic about their duty and that's a good thing. Newbies might get confused if their threads are moved or get a feeling that they are not welcome. Maybe someone just need to relax :p

Attached Files:

2. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

What threads are you referring to? Otherwise it can't really be looked into.

edit: oh hey now there's an image.

Edit2:

They were all left with redirects so if a user went back to the iMac forum, they'd be able to find them. I did move 2 of the threads back as they deal with iMac hardware. The other threads really had nothing to do with the iMac though. If you see threads moved incorrectly, just report them and a mod will look at them again.

3. Hellhammer thread starter Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Okay, will do! :) Usually threads are so rarely moved so seeing four of those "thread moved" icons on the same page just jumped onto my eyes. Just wanted to ask is there some policy change or something that could explain why they were moved, so I could report them correctly in the future if needed.

4. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

5. Melrose Suspended

Melrose

That was my thoughts too. Let them play around a bit to get the hang of things :D

6. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

The threads were moved yesterday... so looking at who is online now isn't much help. And some of us is invisible...

7. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Pretty sure we can blame MacDawg. I found these prints [​IMG] right after the threads were moved.

8. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I reported the first thread you indicated, because it belonged in the Apple Industry forum. It had nothing to do with iMacs.

9. Hellhammer thread starter Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

You are right, I would have done the same thing. I was more interested about the three other threads that were dumped to the Mac Basics forum, even though they were more or less about the iMac.

10. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

And I responded to your post report and moved that particular thread. :)

11. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

And quickly, too! The response time with more mods is terrific! Thanks!

12. Elven macrumors 6502a

Elven

Just get worried when a moderator accidentally changes the whole forum to Chinese and then inverts the writing before making the entire background bright green.

;)

13. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

^ Sorry about that. :p :D

Thanks.

I also want to mention that there is a leaning curve and I've drive down that road a few times.

Thankfully things were easy to fix. :eek:

14. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

So which way is it leaning? :D

15. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

It varies. :D