iPhone Overexposed when playing a video

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by OleTheBear, Mar 1, 2014.

1. OleTheBear macrumors newbie

Both my iPhone 5s and my iPad Air is having an issue when playing videos. Just after I start a video, the picture seems to over-expose. The screen-light does not go higher, but the video gets kind of too white. If I tap to get the pause/duration layout up, it calms down again to normal. I am absolutely sure this is not the videos, because when I am using the YouTube-app, the duration-dot normally has a grey center. When the over-exposure happens, the duration-dot is all white. You can not see the grey center until a couple of seconds later.
    The problem occurs whether the picture is bright or dark. It calms down every time when I get the pause/duration layout up or exit the app. It's like the whole OS goes too bright when playing a video. :(

I get this problem when playing videos from the internet on iOS 7's own video-player, and on the YouTube-player. It does not happen when I play videos from the camera-roll.

This happens on both my iPhone 5s and my iPad Air. White/silver models, if that matters.

Someone else experiencing this? Should I return it to an apple-store? I do not have any local stores nearby here in Norway to check it out. The nearest one is a four hour drive from here...

2. jonnyb098 macrumors 68020

This is the auto contrast/gamma correction that was introduced on ipad 4. It can be rather annoying at times but actually is good in standard in brighter lighting conditions. Very annoying at times in a dark room.

They have improved it a bit on the latest devices since it was a little sloppy on the ipad 4.

3. OleTheBear thread starter macrumors newbie

Well I think it is really annoying. Watching a super-duper over-exposed soccer-match on the iPad is painful, and I force myself to click on the screen once every five seconds to keep the picture normal. I guess there is no way to turn it off either... :(