Overheard in L.A.

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Legolamb, May 25, 2009.

1. Legolamb macrumors 6502a

Legolamb

I've posted before about random eavesdropping that I do whilst traveling.

This week is from L.A. I'm having lunch in Beverly Hills where the food is good but eavesdropping is better. Blonde MILF (or rather MYLF) - "I'll have a half water half lemonade lemonade but make sure the larger half is lemonade".

People really are as ditzy as Hollywood writers depict them. (No dis to actual MR members living her :D

2. ikermalli macrumors 6502a

3. Legolamb thread starter macrumors 6502a

Legolamb

Thanks for the site.

A long time ago the NYT had a Metropolitan section on Wed. You got a bottle of champagne for published entries. Mine winning entry:
    Overheard at the Whitney Museum: "I really must have a new horse this year, but if I have to dip into my trust again, Daddy will just kill me".

4. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

That's awesome. :D I have heard some amazingly hilarious things on the street of manhattan...it's like people are lost in their own little bubbles while walking down the sidewalk.

The bathroom ventilation ducts in my dorm at college are all interconnected...often you can hear muffled voices coming from other peoples' rooms and rarely it will be clear enough to understand. A few months ago I stepped into the bathroom and heard a guy and a girl giggling clearly through the vent, the giggling stopped and a male voice came through the vent in a loud and clear whisper "I'm gonna f*** you with my lighter!". I almost died laughing. :D

Easily my favorite time to overhear stuff is in a foreign country...sitting down at a café or restaurant, blending in with the locals and listening in on the private conversations of American tourists who never seem to understand that other people speak English. If the conversation is particularly juicy (horrible family drama, nasty medical stuff, hilarious sexcapades etc), it's always fun to make a loud phone call in English or push past them with a clear "excuse me, sorry" on your way out. A guaranteed laugh every time. :p