Overheating after messing with motherboard

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by dodi, Feb 11, 2013.

1. dodi macrumors newbie

Hi
    My Earpiece and home button of iphone 4 were not working good so I ordered them from dx. Today they arrived. after the assembly i turned on my phone tested them and they working flawless. Later I realized that I cant connect to my wifi. I could when put it near the router. So i when i was trying to fix that i plugged and unplugged the battery many times. I was about to give up, i plugged the battery for the last time to check, the battery connector started to overheat. And the battery was draining fast. To check if its the battery i plugged it to pc via usb and removed battery, it stopped overheating. So I'm guessing its because of the battery or its connector right? I want to be sure because tomorrow I'm gonna buy a new one.

Btw sorry if there is a grammar mistake or something. English is not my native language. :)

2. dodi thread starter macrumors newbie

3. MosesTheTool macrumors newbie

Hey Dodi,
    I am having an overheating issue myself, but the whole top part of my motherboard is overheating after I had some water damage and got a replacement battery..
    from what i've read around the net, overheating on those things is most likely a electric-short of components..
    That would be a soldering fix which should be done by a professional solderer :D
    What will you do with your broken device after you get a new one? i need spare parts ;)