Overheating public beta

Discussion in 'iOS 11' started by syphern, Jun 28, 2017.

1. syphern macrumors 6502

hey guys I got the public beta yesterday but my iPhone 7 Plus runs really warm especially when charging or once it’s off the charger. What do you guys think?

2. SumYoungGai macrumors 6502a

I hate to be so cliche but it's a beta. Is it your first time running betas?

3. syphern thread starter macrumors 6502

Yea a public beta
    But the post was more to check if others had the same problem rather than isolated.

4. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

All betas will run hotter and use more battery power than public releases because of all the background beta process grabbing diagnostic files. Its not till the last 2 or so betas that battery life starts to get ironed out. Its the least of their concern.

5. bbates123 macrumors 6502

Mine also runs hotter than normal and my battery life is much worse. In my situation it looked like the Google app was using a lot of battery (and location services)...closing that when not using it seemed to help.

6. Daranx macrumors regular

Daranx

Mines been running hot but I believe it's the photos being re-indexed or something like that. I've noticed the same behaviour on previous betas and even final releases but it usually stabilises after the processing is done

7. Packer2058 macrumors newbie

Yea my phones been running hot at various times during the day. I can feel it in my pocket, thats how bad it got today.

8. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

My 7 ran warm when I was installing the PB. About an hour after install, it cooled down.

It's nothing to worry about, unless your phone is consistently warm.