overheating with high fan rpm

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Mipo88, Jun 29, 2009.

1. Mipo88 macrumors newbie

Hey Everyone,
    I'm new here and was already looking for any answers for similar questions but I couldn't find anything solving...
    well I don't have a plastic thingy an my vent and am using smcFanControl but still my temperature is on 84°C/181°F and the fan runs constantly on 6k rpm.
    I really don't know what made this happen but I need to fix it.

Please help

2. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

If you can hear your fans running then there's nothing more you can do or need to worry about it. The CPU, I think, can get as hot as 100 C.

Are you running any background processes?

3. RDM3 macrumors regular

Wow the hottest my White Macbook gets is 154F or so.

What do you have running? What happens when you restart? What program are you using to get the temps, I use the iStat Pro Widget.

I bought a Targus Chill Mat, using it the proper way doesn't help, but if you flip it and raise it up about 1/2 to 3/4 inch it will help, when I check the heat before using my Macbook it is usually at about 106F and goes up to about 120F when using it. I also have a 10 port powered USB hub that I got from ebay for $20 that the mat is plugged into so it won't have any impact on the battery in my Macbook.

4. Mipo88 thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm running no program I even checked Activity Monitor and there was nothing in progress which could lead to this high temperature and high rpm of my fan.

well and I hear my fan haha, but it's too loud and annoying.

5. RDM3 macrumors regular

Did you download a widget to monitor the temps, it also monitors, RAM usage, fan speeds, wireless conections, etcs, it really shows alot.

6. Mipo88 thread starter macrumors newbie

well uhm... as I said I only use smcFanControl, which monitors temperature and the rpm of my macbook. I can control my rpm with it.