Overheating

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by artblue, Apr 17, 2012.

1. artblue macrumors newbie

When I charge the battery on my ipod touch from my pc after about 10 mins I am warned that it is getting hot,this never happens when it is charging from the main does this mean that I am only able to charge from the mains.

2. Slinkwyde macrumors regular

3. artblue thread starter macrumors newbie

Overheating Ipod Touch

The Ipod is out of it's case it never overheats on the main.

4. Slinkwyde macrumors regular

Sorry, I somehow missed your reply. What do you mean by "the mains?"

5. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

He means plugged into the wall, into mains power.

6. Slinkwyde, May 26, 2012
    Last edited: May 26, 2012

Slinkwyde macrumors regular

Oh, into a wall outlet. Got it.

Hmm... Maybe there's something about how you place the iPod when you plug it into the PC that isn't the case when you plug it into the wall. Maybe you've been putting it in an enclosed area, on top of something hot (the PC, the display), or in a room that's warmer than where the wall outlet is.

Some countries outside the US use higher voltages, so maybe this has something to do with that. Dunno. If the PC is sending out too much energy over the USB port, you might want get that looked at. Something like that would probably affect other devices as well.

Have you tried plugging the iPod into a different computer, or tried it with your PC plugged into a different outlet (especially an outlet that's on a different circuit in your home).

I'm no electrician or engineer, but maybe something in here will help. You could always get a powered USB hub.