Overkill with 32GB? Can I return locally?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Ferris23, Jun 16, 2009.

1. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

I ordered a 32GB from Apple.com 6/11 and now am starting to think I may not need all that space and I should have maybe saved some cash, do I have to deal directly with Apple.com to return this, or do you think it's possible to exchange it in store?

Thanks

2. Revelation78 macrumors 68000

Revelation78

Yes but don't open it! If you open it you have to pay a 30% restocking fee.

3. tayshon macrumors 6502a

tayshon

Just remember you may have to stand in line to buy the new one I would call first.

4. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

Buyer's remorse is no fun. I've made it an artform.

5. ngenerator macrumors 68000

ngenerator

I'll trade my 16GB 3G for it :)

6. Akira1980 macrumors 6502

Akira1980

I would keep the 32GB. With new generations of Apps coming out, you never know when you might need the extra space. My 16GB is maxed out already so I am definitely getting the 32GB.

7. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

:eek:

What apps use that much space? I've seen one app that uses half a gig and I would guess some maps apps would use 2 to 4GB. How many of those would you have on your phone?

8. Akira1980 macrumors 6502

Akira1980

I do have lots of maps. But my point was that I can see new games, maps and other apps taking up much bigger space as it gets more complex. Not to mention that iPhone 3GS now takes higher quality pictures and video. Combine that with my 50GB of music, 20GB of movies and TV shows, I need as much space as possible. :)

9. aluren macrumors 65816

myst is about 700mb... and i can see more graphic intense games popping up on itunes in the near future. maybe not as big as 1gb, but about 200-500mb each. a gps app might be as big as 1gb. and also with the ability to record video, extra space is always a plus.

10. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

That's true. I totally forgot about music and movie storage on the iPhone. I don't use mine at all for that... It's why I have an iPod :p

11. Nikos macrumors 68000

Nikos

Right now the music I put on my iPhone is around 9GB. Combine that with apps and now the ability to take videos and I'd be at 16GB in the near future. That's why I went with the 32GB. We still don't know how large videos will be.

12. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

Maps, plus you can record video now...thats bound to eat up some space

13. Remoth macrumors newbie

I'm still waiting for the 500GB iphone, lol. My itunes library is 264 GB as of now and grows everyday. That includes music/movies/tvshows/podcasts/audiobooks/etc. I was forced to upgrade my Apple TV to a 320 GB HDD. and its almost full now....

14. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

The good thing about this is your library, for the most part, will grow linearly, but storage grows exponentially. So pretty soon you'll have a phone that holds it all.

15. Remoth macrumors newbie

yah, I dunno what will happen to my Apple TV though. They don't make 500 GB IDE Drives. I've heard that a Sata drive works, but you need to get an adapter from sata to ide. Maybe they'll have a new model in the future with sata support and enough room inside for a 3.5". Or just use a big SSD!

PS: Sorry for the hijack! Back on Topic!

16. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

It's only $100 difference, which shouldn't matter if you can afford the iPhone plan in the first place. Keep it and it'll be worth a lot more in case you sell it.