Overlapping characters in Mail & Safari?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by paleck, Nov 9, 2007.

1. paleck macrumors 6502a

paleck

Anyone seeing any problems with characters overlapping each other in Mail and Safari? I just noticed it, but I've been running Leopard for a few days now. Hopefully this question isn't a repeat, since I didn't find anything with google search or the built-in search. If it is a repeat...I apologize.

This one is from Mail
    [​IMG]

This is from Safari
    [​IMG]

This is the snippet as Safari, but in Firefox
    [​IMG]

And not related to the character issue, but odd...Gmail isn't getting along with Safari I think
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Padraic macrumors regular

I was hoping this was fixed in leopard but I guess not. I've only had this problem once.

Anyway delete /Library/Caches/com.apple.ATS/nnn <- nnn is your profiles UID. You can figure out your UID by going to the terminal and typing 'id -u xxxxx' <- xxxxx is the login of the user with the problem...

Hope that helps!!!

Patrick

3. Padraic macrumors regular

I just went looking to verify what I posted (shoulda done that beforehand I guess) :eek:

I had the problem in Tiger, in Leopard the com.apple.ATS file isn't under /Library/Caches. :confused:

I'll keep looking...

Patrick

4. paleck thread starter macrumors 6502a

paleck

Actually those instructions both in your post and that other thread worked perfectly.

:D

5. Padraic macrumors regular

6. Pascalcopthorne macrumors newbie

Still overlapping

Hello, Padraic

I can't seem to find the com.apple.ATS, don't know how paleck managed. Characters in Safari overlap, like "Google" appears as Goo :) and then the three remaining letters are on top of each other. Obviously, I first made sure that Safari was using Unicode etc. Any idea?

Thanks in advance!