Overlooked Benefit!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by xploit, Jul 9, 2007.

1. xploit macrumors regular

I can't say enough about how much I love this thing and here is another point!

I have been reading for months about how the keyboard on your computer/laptop has more germs/bacteria than a public toilet seat. Can you imagine what can be found on a blackberry keyboard? I mean the keys on your computer never get that close to a persons face.

That said the IPHONE has nothing to trap bacteria. You can even wipe it down with a light antiseptic and VOILA no germs. I wonder why it hasn't been mentioned as a huge PLUS the germ-a-phobe set would be all up on the iphone.

Xploit-

2. neven macrumors 6502a

Another fringe benefit:

Saved lives from iPhone users washing their hands more often :)

3. megfilmworks macrumors 68020

megfilmworks

I think one overlooked feature and benefit is how the iPhone doesn't have a bunch of tones and trills every time you turn it on or off. The iPhone is more zen like in all its sounds.

4. rayward macrumors 68000

This is the reverse of the MSification of technology. Because Windows was so horribly unreliable, the updates were designed to act like a 7-year old and demand you watch every time it does something right. This has become a norm outside of the MS nightmare.

Mac, on the other hand, just works. So it has never found need to tug on your sleeve to let you know that it's still working.

5. oogje macrumors regular

oogje

I think that depends on the person.

[​IMG]

6. cah87 macrumors regular

7. Sobe macrumors 68000

Sobe

You're not kidding.

I must wash my hands twice as often now compared to before I got my phone.

8. damado macrumors 6502

I like how when you put it to your face the screen turns off and turns on again once you take it away from your face...that's a cool benefit to me for saving the battery. It's not the movement...I guess it detects darkness or proximity or something.

9. Sobe macrumors 68000

Sobe

gravitational field deflection detection. same way they find submarines.

10. sunday888 macrumors member

Whaaaaat?!?:eek:

11. damado macrumors 6502

They did a study on Andrews AFB a couple of years ago about it and toilet seat had somewhere around 100-1000 times less bacteria per square cm than a computer keyboard. If you think about it, it's logical. Your fingers touch everything and your bare butt only touches *hopefully* clean underwear.

So yeah don't type then eat a cookie or something with your bare hands at work =P

I always wash my hands before using my keyboard when I get home and also clean the keyboard itself often.

12. beate macrumors regular

Yuck on all of that!

I discovered a different additional benefit.
    I walk slower and am aware of my surroundings. God forbid I send the phone flying.
    Seriously - I tend to sprain ankles and wrists a lot and last year broke a body part due to tripping/falling. The medical savings will pay for my phone within a year!

13. nagromme macrumors G5

nagromme

The public demo iPhones at the Apple Stores are, on the other hand, utterly septic I imagine :eek: :p Thousands of strangers hands and faces and sneezes... and have you ever seen a man in a public restroom wash his hands? I do, but hardly EVER see anyone else do so. No matter WHAT they were up to :eek:

I entered the note "This screen has 8 million E. Coli bacteria" onto the Notes app at my local Apple Store. Probably a lowball :)

Thank goodness for Purell! :)

14. waterskier2007 macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

proximity detection, so if something gets that close to the earpiece, screen fades out

15. The Stig macrumors 6502a

The Stig

I read this as I was putting a cracker in my mouth... at work...

LOL, I just finsihed my cracker and then typed this out... And now I'm going to have another cracker... Maybe I should clean my keyboard...

The Stig

16. Deathknight macrumors newbie

Or a quicker end to the human race if we are washing our hands more frequently with anti-bacterial soap. Good in the short term, bad in the long term... :rolleyes: