Overlooked Cydia App

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by BobboZR2, Jul 12, 2009.

1. BobboZR2 macrumors regular

One of the apps I loved from Cydia before 3.0 and the 3GS was Quickgold. I utilized it because I loved categories but liked to search the folders to quicklaunch apps. 3.0 made Quickgold useless due to button-mapping conflicts. Apples search function Spotlight is unable to find apps that were in folders which sucked.

Fast forward to last night: I was just surfing around Cydia last night through the System apps and came across Spotbright. It basically tweaks the Spotlight search to be able to search through the entire phone, including category folders. It also adds a quick launch icon for the last few used apps.

I never heard any mention of it here (not to my knowledge anyway) so I thought I would share this with anyone else that may have overlooked this nice little tweak.

2. isaaclimdc macrumors 6502

isaaclimdc

Nice. Thanks for the heads-up! I wish, however, that there was a way to get access to all these apps and functionality without having to jailbreak the device. I have not had good experiences with jailbreaking, and find that it makes the iPhone run slower overall.