Overly sensitive touch screen

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by xleedaniel, Jul 23, 2009.

1. xleedaniel macrumors member

Hi guys, i just replaced my iphone 3gs yesterday and noticed that my iphone's sensitivity is really high. when i try texting and for instance type "the" the phone thinks im holding down on the screen and moving from T to H and then E so it only types in E. my older 3gs that i replaced didnt seem to have this problem when i typed fast. do you think replacing the screen will fix the problem? if so, do i just make an appointment at the genius bar and get it replaced?

2. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

Lol wut?

Are you sure you're not just texting too fast and your fingers arent lifting off the screen like you think they are?

Attached Files:

3. xleedaniel thread starter macrumors member

nah i just typed how i normally typed with the other 3gs and its noticeable.

4. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

Hmm. Have you tried a restore?

5. xleedaniel thread starter macrumors member

yepp :(. do you think replacing the screen will help? i dont know too much about phones but it makes sense that maybe the glass is overly sensitive to touch?

6. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

Hmm. Its possible I suppose, but I dont think so when it comes to the capacitive touch screen for the iPhone. I guess if you have tried a restore all you can do, if you feel as its a big deal, is go to a "genius" and see what they think.

7. xleedaniel thread starter macrumors member

okok thank you =]

8. whooleytoo macrumors 603

whooleytoo

Is it possible it's not due to an over-sensitive screen, but just the "good old" lag which often occurs when the keyboard is onscreen? I still find my (3G, not 3GS) misses characters when I type due to the lag, even with iPhone OS 3.0.

9. Surrix macrumors regular

My very first 2G had a problem similar to this. Keys could be activated by hand proximity. I could see the same thing possibly be happening for you. Try hovering your fingers over the keys and see what happens.

10. Old Wembley macrumors member

iPhones sense touch by recognizing an electromagnetic pulse sent out by any humans finger. Your sensor may be be malfunctioning, ide bring it into apple

11. UnbornApple macrumors regular

UnbornApple