Overnight Shipping Etc.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Kmlwx, Sep 20, 2007.

1. Kmlwx macrumors member

Hello everyone,

I currently have an order (placed on Sunday) with Apple for the touch. I also should mention that I have it on 2-3 day shipping. I am planning on calling today and either trying to get a discount or an upgrade in shipping method. I have a few questions...

1) Is the overnight shipping like BS or is it really overnight?

2) What arguments should I use?

Also, are there any companies (other than Apple) that I could get it overnight and have it shipped ASAP?

Much Thanks,
    Kenny Lorber

2. Arisian macrumors 68000

Arisian

I would say wait until tomorrow and then you might have some leverage. If you ordered it on sunday, it was processed on monday and probably delivered to fedex on tuesday thus making tomorrow OK. Otherwise, I would say tough.

also, if you dont have a reason for express shipping and you are looking for us to tell you what to say, you really dont have a reason to request such action. Not trying to be a jerk or put you in the wrong. however, thats just how I feel

Arisian

3. Rapmastac1 macrumors 65816

Rapmastac1

Overnight shipping is overnight shipping. If they sent it by 5.00 today and it gets on a plane, it will be in ur city by the morning (or closest) and it will be delivered that day. I live just a few miles from the airport (just far enough that I don't hear the planes :D ) and I got mine the day after it was shipped first. But give it some lean way, cuz it might have to process once it gets from the airport, so if you ordered on Sunday and it left today, either tomorrow (fri) or latest is on sunday. Now that is shipping, that doesn't say anything about availibility. I'm glad I paid the 11 bucks to get overnight, cuz I got my Touch before any of my friends (anyone in my school for that matter)

4. xerikx macrumors regular

No offense, but I doubt they're going to be real sympathetic for you - it's still a preorder and not listed as shipping until the 28th - others have been waiting much longer than Sunday.

If it doesn't ship by the 28th, then give them a call.

5. Kmlwx thread starter macrumors member

Problem is the local Apple stores have been getting near DAILY shipments of 5-10 of them. If I could shake loose some time I'd cancel my order and go there. Or I could run over to the Best Buy once they have it and ditch Apple :p lol

Thanks guys, I understand what you're saying but I mean we're all anxious aren't we?:)

6. sdfd504 macrumors regular

If you had ordered it on the 5th like some of us and it hadn't shipped then you would have a reason to complain. You ordered it on Sunday and I highly doubt uou will get a discount or even an upgrade in shipping for free.