Overnight Shipping?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Epic Xbox Revie, Feb 2, 2011.

1. Epic Xbox Revie macrumors 6502a

Epic Xbox Revie

I see Verizon has had a promotion basically forever offering free overnight shipping on online order. It can be found here. I suggest trying it out with the iPhone tonight!

2. Zepaw macrumors 65816

Zepaw

No "Does not include iPhone 4" language yet so worth giving a try. :p

3. Epic Xbox Revie thread starter macrumors 6502a

Epic Xbox Revie

4. zenio macrumors 6502

There's the issue of Apple and it's control of the process even with the carriers policies taken into consideration. Who could possibly guess accurately.

5. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

People have done this in the past with the GSM release, and Apple always issues a refund for that amount.

All phones will be shipped at the same time by Apple, just because you manage to pay for overnight shipping does not guarantee that you will receive it before others. Apple is promising "On or before Feb 10th."

6. Epic Xbox Revie thread starter macrumors 6502a

Epic Xbox Revie

I'm not sure that your post makes sense. I am saying that Verizon has free overnight shipping. You think that Apple will simply disregard this and ship all of the first shipment at same time?

7. Zepaw macrumors 65816

Zepaw

He is saying in the past they have disregarded their own Next-Day shipping before and sent them all at the same time. Because of this they refunded what people payed for Next-Day shipment.

8. kny3twalker macrumors 65816

kny3twalker

thanks

9. Epic Xbox Revie thread starter macrumors 6502a

Epic Xbox Revie

Ok thanks, since it does say it's free, I'll try it.. No harm. Thanks for clearing it up though.

10. applesith macrumors 68030

applesith

I thought Verizon said that the iPhone will have free 2-day shipping and have an Overnight option for a fee. Anyone know what they normally charge for overnight delivery?

11. Epic Xbox Revie thread starter macrumors 6502a

Epic Xbox Revie

Like I said, for the past 2 weeks at least, overnight has been FREE, with online orders.

12. zenio macrumors 6502

I do believe that Apple will do what they want. Being obsessed with control, they're going to push Verizon around the same way they did AT&T.

Apple only cares about what they want. It took a long time to put the Verizon deal together due to Apples outrageous demands.

13. applesith macrumors 68030

applesith

I'm not sure if the iPhone is included in that. I'm sure it doesn't really matter considering it isn't 100% clear when they will ship the phone. I know on/before the 10th, but that's kinda vague. I know I will pay extra for overnight as long as it's not a ton extra.

14. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Those demand don't come across in these two (seperate) stories that were posted in January here on MacRumors.

Ivan Seidenberg
    http://www.macrumors.com/2011/01/14/verizon-ceo-carrier-never-in-the-running-for-original-iphone/

Tim Cook
    http://www.macrumors.com/2011/01/12...inside-the-apple-verizon-iphone-negotiations/

At least based on these two article, it seems like it was more of a technical issue than a demand issue. Also, I think Apple was stuck with AT&T due to some exclusivity deal they had made beforehand.

15. applesith macrumors 68030

applesith

I recall reading posts from those who have called Verizon that Verizon has inventory for the phones ready to go and they will be shipping units from their warehouses. If true, this should prevent Apple delaying shipments unless they tell Verizon not to ship before them. I will just be happy to get a pre-order tonight. nearly 3am here.