Override Ipod lock...HOW????

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by XTÜch tHe gOdX, Mar 7, 2009.

1. XTÜch tHe gOdX macrumors newbie

XTÜch tHe gOdX

The problem for me (once again) is that My ipod is stuck at the boot logo forever, unless I restore it. The only problem is, I cant put in my passcode and now it tells me i can't do anything until I put in my passcode.......which is impossible. What should I do?:confused:

2. tallestof4 macrumors member

plugging the ipod into your computer and running itunes should automatically disable the password. then just hit restore from there.

3. XTÜch tHe gOdX thread starter macrumors newbie

XTÜch tHe gOdX

Well, obviously, it doesn't..... it tells me i need to enter in my password, even in DFU mode.......WTF??????

4. ppc750fx macrumors 65816

No it doesn't. If your iPhone is in DFU mode, the screen on the device is blank.

5. XTÜch tHe gOdX thread starter macrumors newbie

XTÜch tHe gOdX

yeah it is......and when i plug it into my computer, it turns on, completely defeating the purpose......

6. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

Then its not in DFU mode.

(Did you try pressing a button to see if the screen lit up...it could be in sleep mode)

7. ppc750fx macrumors 65816

Right, thus my comment that it's not in DFU mode.

It needs to be plugged in before you try to enter DFU mode...

8. uncdwm macrumors member

I had this same problem a few weeks ago - I'd plug into iTunes but it would say I need to enter my passcode to Unlock before it could sync or restore.

Never figured out how to fix it but after powering off and plugging in and starting iTunes a couple times it finally just "worked".

Also not sure if I needed to restore my phone in iTunes was due to forgetting to turn on airplane mode while in flight or b/c AT&T sent a wireless tower update to the phone.

9. XTÜch tHe gOdX thread starter macrumors newbie

XTÜch tHe gOdX

wow.....I am one retarded person...no offense to future readers of this post. K I'll do that then.

10. diemos macrumors 6502

11. XTÜch tHe gOdX thread starter macrumors newbie

XTÜch tHe gOdX

k, problem fixed. thnx for yourhelp and all the
    at sh*t.......