Overriding auto brightness

inscrewtable

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 9, 2010
I like to have Auto Brightness on but if I then make a manual adjustment, Auto Brightness stops working completely until I go back into the settings and turn if off and on again. Is it meant to work like this, is there some way I can override it temporarily so that it returns to Auto without needed to reset it?

thx

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I like to have Auto Brightness on but if I then make a manual adjustment, Auto Brightness stops working completely until I go back into the settings and turn if off and on again. Is it meant to work like this, is there some way I can override it temporarily so that it returns to Auto without needed to reset it?

thx
Does it not work at all after you do that, or it still works, but just doesn't adjust things enough like it did before you manually changed them?

Also, what device and iOS version are we talking about?

inscrewtable

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 9, 2010
SE with iOS11,

I get it now, you forced me to do some more testing and I now understand how it works and why it didn't appear to work. If I make a manual over ride that then become the new minimum brightness setting, the screen will get brighter if I move into the light and it will get darker if I move into the dark but it won't drop below what I set as the minimum brightness.

Reactions: golfnut1982