Overseas AppleCare

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Aar0n, Feb 20, 2010.

1. Aar0n macrumors newbie

If i were to ship AppleCare from the US to my own country, would i be able to activate it and would my warranty of 2 years be valid (locally)?

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

On the Apple Laptops, regardless of where AppleCare is purchased, you have world-wide coverage. The last time I checked, the desktops coverage was limited to the country in which the AppleCare (or the computer) were purchased.

Regardless, you would be better off buying AppleCare locally, just to be on the safe side.

TEG

3. Jaro65 macrumors 68040

Jaro65

I agree with TEG. If you can purchase AppleCare locally, why not do that?

4. Aar0n thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for the info

AppleCare in the US are way cheaper. Thats why im thinking of shipping it instead.

5. Bill Gates macrumors 68020

Bill Gates

I have heard of problems before when attempting to register Applecare with an address that differs from the country from which the Applecare originated. Perhaps someone else can chime in that has either successfully or unsuccessfully done what you are attempting to do.

6. heyadol macrumors member

Minor Issues

I bought my MB in America and my iPhone in Japan, both were registered to my Apple ID (US address)with AppleCare. I have not had issues in either direction getting support and repair except with the iPhone. They were able to change the battery for me in America but they were unable to replace the phone entirely because it would be locked to the wrong carrier (and AppleCare won't unlock it). For that I simply had to wait until I returned to Japan. So as long as your product doesn't have specific needs based on the country you are in, it should not matter which country sells you the AppleCare. I hope its the same for all products under AppleCare.