Overusage warning - what to do

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Daud, Jun 6, 2013.

1. Daud macrumors regular

I am on the essential package with Cox, (Up to 5 Mbps download speed
    • Up to 1 Mbps upload speed ) with 100 GB monthly allowance, cost $42 (slow creep from original $30). Next step up is the Preferred package (• Up to 25 Mbps download speed • Up to 5 Mbps upload speed) Cost is $56, allowance 250GB)

For the first time I got warning about reaching the 100MB limit already half through this billing cycle. Looking on the consumption graph, last cycle there were mostly days of 3 GB per day use and one 10GB day, now there are mostly the +- 10GB days.

In my understanding, one Netflix film is 3-4 GB so additional 2 films per day would push me up. Need to speak with kids..
    But I was traveling over the last week and had several facetime chats 10-15 min duration. How are those intensive on bandwith ? If ATT is allowing them on their iphones it can't be sooo much ?

I will possibly upgrade as the facetime calls at times suffered from dropouts, but is there a software for the airport which would anble me to monitor which internal IP address is consuming most ?

2. justperry macrumors G3

justperry

PeakHour might be an App for you, but first download the free PeakHour compatibility Check App to see if your router supports it.

3. Plutonius macrumors 604

Plutonius

Is your WiFi protected ? Someone borrowing your connection can really eat into your monthly allocation.