Overusing MB or Underusing MBP

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by hellrider, Jun 22, 2008.

1. hellrider macrumors regular

I will be making the switch to Apple soon. (I am waiting for the next laptop refresh.)

I will be running Adobe CS3 Web Premium software, as well as MS Office. I will be doing some basic video editing and of course email and web browsing. I don't have a ton of money to spend, so I'd rather not invest in something I won't use.

Should I bump the RAM up to 4GB? (not through Apple)

Can a MacBook handle the Adobe software?

Does the dedicated video card of the MBP make a difference?

The 17" MBP is out of my league financially, so this comes down to a high end MB or 15.4" MBP.

Once again, I am waiting for the next refresh.

Thanks.

2. DarthTreydor macrumors 6502

I would suggest getting the midrange MacBook (the blackbook is a waste of money), and an external monitor. you don't gain much by having dedicated graphics with the mbp and editing video on the slightly larger screen will still be a pain. use the money you save on a nice monitor and external storage.

3. muldul macrumors 6502

Macbook

Well if you cannot financially afford the Macbook Pro high end model, i would recomend that you get the macbook high end model, as for what you are doing will not require the macbook pro's highend graphics, save your self the money for upgrades or the new iPods when they come out. hope this helps