Overview of the MBP 2011 update

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by vikas-rawat, Nov 20, 2010.

1. vikas-rawat macrumors newbie

I've used PC all my life and had just made up my mind about buying a MBP 13 this month and was pretty kicked about the specs. But after hours of scurrying around on the net, especially on this wonderful Forum, I have broadly learned a few things and have decided to postpone my MBP 13 buy until next year. For reasons that I hope you will correct :

The 13" MBP 2011 will in all probability come out in Feb, 2011 and in all likelihood, will include the Sandy Bridge archi and i5. That, or a meagre speed increase on the C2D.

Sandy Bridge is conformed to release on Jan 5th, 2011. This may mean that Apple may incorporate it immediately for a Feb release or it may get them before their public release too, which may make it a late Jan 2011 release. IMO, it is a remote possibility that there will be a delay as with the i5/i7.

Meaning that a Q1 2011 MBP update is a given.

If SB isn't taken, then NVIDIA will continue with a slightly faster C2D and a possible 7200rpm. USB 3.0 would be a lucky add-on, but unlikely.

The optical drive will remain.

And WHATEVER be the case, at this time it is highly advisable to wait for the MBP update, for better or worse.

Yes? :p

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Maybe.

Ok, well that's your opinion. I find it unlikely that it will be incorporated immediately, especially on the 13" models.

Depends on if you need a new computer now or not.

3. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Mobile Core 2 Duos are being EOLed late this year

[​IMG]

I doubt we'll see an i5 in 13", more like i3 and possibly an option for i5

4. vikas-rawat thread starter macrumors newbie

Is there that big a difference between the existing C2D in the MBP 13 and the (possible) i3?

5. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

We don't know how fast Sandy Bridge will be. Due to Hyper-Threading, it may be a lot faster in multithreaded tasks but hard to say any numbers