Overwhelmed by jailbreaking

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by tl01, Jan 23, 2012.

1. tl01 macrumors 65816

Okay... I successfully JB my phone but I'm overwhelmed by figuring out what to do now. I just want a fun theme and a lock screen with a clock and weather on it. I don't understand all these parts of Cydia. What are changes? Packages? Are there any girly themes?

2. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

Winterboard helps you theme your phone. If you google around, you should be able to find sources you can add; they'll have more themes.

3. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

id add the theme it source. Great stuff and easy to purchase and download.

4. Snowman3459 macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A406 Safari/7534.48.3)

Hi there, packages are basically anything that you download through Cydia. Changes show what's new in Cydia as well as your updates for anything you downloaded.

For themes, you need to download something called Winterboard. It pretty much controls your themes. After that you'll need to find a theme. There are thousands of themes and yes there's girly ones, you sorta have to look through them or try googling "girly themes on Cydia"

Widgets are the only thing I can't help you with. I'm not much of a widget fan.

5. macbookman83 macrumors 6502

There are entry of resources. Your best bet as a noob would be to goto YouTube and type in cydia tweaks.

That should be a good introduction to what you can do with your newly freed iPhone