OVR type in word 2008

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ert3, Jan 31, 2008.

  1. ert3 macrumors 6502a


    Dec 10, 2007
    Does anyone know how to use over type in word 2008

    there was a button at the bottom to do this in 2004 but not in 2008 as far as i can see.

    What I was talking about incase i am using the wrong terminology is the comand or toggle that allows one to type over pre-existing text directly in place replacing each removed character.

    For those people who own a windows computer or used to own one I am talking about the action tied to the insert key.
  2. ungar macrumors member

    Feb 11, 2006
    I have the same question. If you look at Preferences/Edit, you will see that you have that option, but it also says that you can toggle by clicking on the button in the status bar, which just isn't true. I called Microsoft support here in France, and they said I was right, that they would contact Microsoft (good luck!) and get back to me.
  3. ert3 thread starter macrumors 6502a


    Dec 10, 2007
    I decided to make a keyboard shortcut for toggling OVR type.

Share This Page