OWC 2GB single stick upgrade....quality?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by SiliconAddict, Nov 10, 2007.

1. SiliconAddict macrumors 603

SiliconAddict

I'm seriously eyeballing this: http://eshop.macsales.com/item/Other World Computing/5300DDR2S2GB/

Its OWC's single stick of 2GB memory to ramp my MBP up to 3GB (I use VMWare so yes, I would take advantage of it.) However the there is fairly large price difference between OWCings offering and everyone else's. Does anyone have any experience with OWC's memory offerings...I know that OS X is fairly twitchy about memory quality so I want to be a little careful about who I get it from. I did get a har drive upgrade through them and have been nothing but completely satisfied...so I figured memory would be safe as well but I thought I'm check here first. Thoughts?

PS- Thanks in advance for any advice you guys have. :)

2. gotzero macrumors 68040

I put a 4GB kit into my 2.33 MPB back when other companies' memory was astronomical in price. I have had absolutely no issues, and plan to use them again.

3. Edandlindz28 macrumors regular

I have 3GB kit in my MB from OWC, no issues what so ever. Good place to deal with.

4. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Lots of people here like OWC...one of the most popular US RAM vendors. I've bought a number of things (including RAM) from them and been thoroughly satisfied.