OWC Data Doubler 6Gbps?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by vRod, Jun 6, 2011.

1. vRod macrumors newbie

Hi everybody!

Im going to get 2 OCZ Vertex 3's and i want to set them up in a RAID 0. The first SSD are going to replace the HDD, and the second are going to replace the optical drive (i almost never use it), using the OWC Data Doubler.

Im one of the lucky guys that have 6Gbps in both the HDD and Superdrive connector, its an early 2011 2,2Q 15".

Now im confused about the data doubler. I have read a lot of places that this data doubler isn't SATA 3 capable, but on their website there's the following text under specs:

"Supports: SATA / SATA 3G / SATA 6G Interface 2.5" Hard Drive
    or SSD (Solid State Drive) of up to 9.5mm (Super Slim) height."

I suppose that the SATA 6G stands for SATA 3 (or SATA 600)? Can anyone confirm this? Also, will i be able to use my OS X raid with Bootcamp (as i play games on Windows)?

Thanks. :)

/vRod

2. vRod thread starter macrumors newbie

update: I spoke with the OWC-company, and they told me that the data doubler are SATA-600 capable! Now, i just need to know whether i can use the OS X raid with bootcamp. :)

3. fat jez macrumors 68000

fat jez

can you do a screen grab of the system info for SATA, please? e.g. this section, showing the controller for the superdrive:

[​IMG]

4. mdgm macrumors 6502a

5. nickcao macrumors member

6. HighSeasCaptain macrumors member

Some optibays in the 15" and 17" work fine with SATA III 6G and bootable. Mine does. It's rare, though.