OWC help

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by baummer, Aug 1, 2008.

1. baummer macrumors 6502a

For those who have purchased from OWC before, I'd appreciate some advice. I ordered a Hitachi 500GB drive to replace my iMac's stock drive. The drive was delivered today.

It was also eligible for a $10 mail-in-rebate. When I ordered the drive I saved the rebate form since the rebate purchase eligibility would expire at the end of the month, which was yesterday. Problem is, the rebate instructions call for a OWC barcode that the rebate instrustions say can be found on the product box.

The problem is, I didn't receive a product box. My shipment had a brown box and inside the box was the hard drive, which was packaged in its silver protective bag. No barcode was on that or anywhere. I've emailed customer service, but I have not received a reply. Any suggestions on how to handle this? Thanks in advance, this is my first order with OWC and I have never experienced such a situation before. $10 may not be much, but I want the collect the rebate I am eligible for.

2. iPhil macrumors 68040

iPhil

Well the product you ordered is OEM product that's why you got no 'retail-box' w/ your shipment...

3. baummer thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yes, I understand that. But the rebate form from OWC specifically asks for THEIR product barcode. I ordered a drive adapter from them in the same order and that was shrinkwrapped with a product label that matches the picture on the rebate form, but that product label is specific to the adapter and contains no information whatsoever about the second item in the order, the hard drive.

4. iPhil macrumors 68040

iPhil

Then look @ the drive adapter for the bar code info..

'Cause I know OWC wouldn't offer a rebate w/o the proper info being included for customer to return for rebate..

If that fails then call the customer service line...

I'm not employed by OWC .. Just a loyal customer since 2006 ... :eek:

5. baummer thread starter macrumors 6502a

The driver adaper's barcode information matches the sales invoice information for the drive adapter, down to the OWC product code and item #, so this can't be the one. The rebate instruction form lists the applicable numbers to be found on the product label, which is great, except I don't have a product label. Thanks for your input.

6. joaoferro37 macrumors 6502

joaoferro37

call them, they will find your record and take care of you for sure.

7. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

Agreed- the folks on the customer service line there are great! They have gone far beyond the call of duty on a couple of the calls I have had to make due to my own stupidity- and they are friendly to boot! Sure wish all companies kept their customer support local and gave them the authority to make things right like OWC does!