OWC Mercury Elite Pro RAID

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Nielsenius, Nov 21, 2011.

1. Nielsenius macrumors 6502a

I'm looking for a fast external storage device with 1.0 TB of storage for use with my MacBook Pro. I'll be using it for Time Machine backups, video storage, and various other things that require large amounts of hard drive space. I've been pretty impressed by OWC as they are a very Mac-oriented company. Their Mercury Elite Pro RAID (http://eshop.macsales.com/item/Other World Computing/ME8Q7T10GB32/) caught my eye. It's fast (dual 7200 RPM drives) and has great capacity at a reasonable price. It has four data transfer ports (USB, eSATA, FW 400, FW 800).

1. Has anyone owned one and/or have an opinion on whether or not it's good?
    2. Is it likely that an eSATA to Thunderbolt converter will come out within the next three to five months?

I'm looking for something that will work with my current MacBook Pro (FW 800) and a later generation MacBook Pro (Thunderbolt). This is why I ask about an eSATA to Thunderbolt converter. Obviously, I want the fastest data transfer rates possible.

2. alksion macrumors 68000

alksion

BUMP

I was going to post the same thing, but this is exactly what I wanted to know.
    If it doesn't get answered in an response soon, I will try it in the iMac category.

Thanks!