OWC now sells graphics card power cables

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by DualShock, Jun 14, 2010.

1. DualShock macrumors 6502

FYI for those looking for graphics card power cables for their Mac Pro's (for flashing or otherwise), seems OWC now stocks them, though their price is crazy inflated at $23.99 US.

http://eshop.macsales.com/item/Apple/9227128/

Don't know how long they've had these, just noticed it today.

Probably a good alternative to the ATI store, which seems to have gone down the drain when DigitalRiver took it over.

2. UltraNEO* macrumors 601

UltraNEO*

don't buy there...

*cough* RIPP OFF!! *cough*

3. nanofrog macrumors G4

I've never had any issues with OWC, but based on price, I'd have to agree. $24USD is the most expensive I've seen so far (vs. directly from ATI or SVideo.com).

4. MacVidCards Suspended

begining of big 4870 thread I give instructions on how to make your own for $4

5. UltraNEO* macrumors 601

UltraNEO*

Obviously the OP missed that thread ;)

6. nanofrog macrumors G4

Not everyone has the tools, skills, or inclination to DIY their own cables though.

Just a thought. ;)

7. DualShock thread starter macrumors 6502

Exactly. :D

However I'm not in the marker for any power cables at the moment. Just serving the community by providing info as I find it. (I do recall a while back that some folks had some difficulty finding power cables, and that the ATI store went to hell when DigitalRiver took it over.)

8. Phantom Gremlin macrumors regular

I think your post was very helpful. Not everyone has the time or inclination for DIY. At the extreme, maybe someone will describe how to smelt copper; perhaps one can save some money on wire by starting with the ore. :)