OWC RAM conform to the JEDEC specification??

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by MythicFrost, Jun 15, 2009.

1. MythicFrost macrumors 68040

MythicFrost

Hi, just reading my apple manual, as usual they are scaring me with stuff...

It says in chapter 3 for installing RAM, to confirm that the DIMMS conform to the Joint Electron Device Engineering Council (JEDEC) specification... and the DIMMs support the correct timing modes, and that the serial presence detect (SPD) feature has been programmed properly as described in the JEDEC specification...

Sooo, anyone know if they do or not?
    I'm getting my RAM delivered today, and don't want anything to crash, break, destroy my hard drive etc...

Kind Regards

2. poobah macrumors member

Nothing but good to say about OWC. Good stuff, great prices.

3. MythicFrost thread starter macrumors 68040

MythicFrost

4. nanofrog macrumors G4

It's JEDEC compliant. And if for some reason you have a problem (bad), OWC will issue an RMA and take it back. :)

5. John.B macrumors 601

John.B

OWC usually isn't the cheapest Apple memory, but I've found them to be fanastic to work with from a customer service perspective. You can usually do better, pricewise, with NewEgg but just make sure you know what you are ordering before you order (also pretty good customer service OBTW, just not as Mac specific).

6. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

When you ordered the RAM it specifically says on their website that they are compliant ;)

7. TonyK macrumors 6502a

TonyK

Agreed. Have upgraded a PowerMac G5 and a Mac Pro (8 core) on both RAM and HD and they are quick with good, detailed instructions.

8. gdieter macrumors member

I'll second that. I have 16GB of OWC goodness in my '08 mac pro. Never had any problems with it. (and yeah, the system is quite happy with 16GB...)