OWC SSD Firmware 343 has a problem?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by steffi, Dec 24, 2010.

1. steffi macrumors 6502a

Macsales technical support told me this morning that 343 is the version that introduces the sleep/awake issue and that the fix is to revert back to 310.

I thought I read here that folks who moved to 343 no longer had the sleep/awake problem?

Anyway, that's what OWC told me when I asked by the updater was so flakey on my machine.

2. netnothing macrumors 68040

netnothing

Running a 2010 Mac Pro with the 120 Mercury Pro using firmware 343 and I'm not having the sleep/wake issues.

Might want to read through this thread even though it talks about the OCZ drive:
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1061002

Are you using Hibernation and a sleepimage?

-Kevin

PS. Anyone find it kind if ridiculous that we still need to jump through hoops (using Windows) to update firmware on these drives?

3. nanofrog macrumors G4

Same if you ever have to remap a mechanical drive as well. :eek: Apple's EFI implementation doesn't pass low level information properly to DOS based programs of this nature (why firmware and disk diagnostic software has to be run on a non-Mac system; Intel's SSD updater is the only disk flash utility that I'm aware of that will work with Apple's EFI). :rolleyes: :(