OWC Thunderbolt 2 Dock crashing my MBP!!

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by houtian, Aug 20, 2015.

1. houtian macrumors newbie

houtian

Hello everyone. I'm using a 2015 Macbook Pro 15". I'm currently running El Capitan Public Beta 5. I have a OWC Thunderbolt 2 dock, which has all been well since the days of Yosemite until I used El Capitan.

Initially it started off by telling me that the USB device is disabled whenever I tried connecting a mouse/keybord dongle, or even an external HDD via the dock.

However, right now, whenever I plug in the dock into my thunderbolt hub, it crashes my computer. I have a Thunderbolt Ethernet dongle which does not give me similar problems.

Am I the only one experiencing such problems?

2. guangguang macrumors newbie

Houtian, did you find any answers to your problem? I have an OWC Thunderbolt 2 dock with my Macbook Pro Retina 2012. I started using it with Mavericks and after 2 months it started resetting randomly, to the point that i wasn't using it for hard drives. Then when I upgraded to El Cap (skipped Yosemite) about a month ago, it started crashing my Macbook outright. My current solution is not to use it at all - it is under warranty so i will return it to OWC for repair/replace, but Im not confident it will work.

3. houtian thread starter macrumors newbie

houtian

Hello guangguang, it seems like the problem lies with the dock. I had the dock replaced by OWC already.