Own an iPhone 6, work phone is an 5s

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 100, Dec 5, 2015.

1. 100 macrumors member

I just recently had my work phone upgraded from an iPhone 4 to a 5s and when comparing it to my personal iPhone 6, I am enjoying the size of the 5s more... I have no idea why. Technically speaking, my 6 is the better phone overall..

Any of you fell the same?

2. chscag macrumors 68000

I traded up from an iPhone 5c to a 6+ because I wanted a larger screen and one that could do landscape for those apps that supported it. While the size of the 6+ is not ideal for carrying in the pocket of my jeans, I can live with that because of the larger screen.

3. JackieInCo macrumors 601

I use my 5S as the phone when I'm at my job because it's easier to dial and hold with one hand. I still prefer my 6+ for anything else. I do plan on buying a 6S+ soon, maybe Sunday.

4. VertPin macrumors 6502

VertPin

I own a 5S and love it. The size is amazing.

5. FeliApple macrumors 6502

I was debating on February this year whether to buy a 5s or a 6. Several things favored both phones (for the 6, that it was the newest one, it had greater battery life, and the screen was better, for the 5s, mainly portability and ease of use.)
    I ended picking the 5s, and the only thing I would like a little more is some better battery life. I do not care about the rest, although I did not regret of my decision. I do not think also, considering what I've read, that the 6's battery life is much greater than the 5s. I am delighted by the plus's battery life, but that was out of the question due to size. That thing has a battery life similar to the iPad!!!

6. nordique, Dec 6, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2015

nordique macrumors 6502a

It really is a matter of personal preference between those two devices. I remember my first iPhone 6, when I got it I was pretty bummed about how similar it was to the 5s in terms of processing power. Felt like I just bought the same phone in a new case and bigger screen, and Better battery life with features I didn't care about like Apple Pay. In the end I couldn't justify spending so much for what to me amounted as the same device and After I sold it, I put that towards the 6s I own and enjoy today.

Took me a while to accept that's what it was; if you want the bigger screen or care about Apple Pay, go with the 6.

But the 5s is very similar in power, features, and general specs so if you prefer smaller and lighter phones, I would say go with the 5s

Again, a matter of personal preference when choosing between those two.

One thing I should add is the 6 has a nicer feel in the hands in my opinion. I think the 5s looks nicer overall, but in terms of holding it, I found the 5/5s design cut into my hands quite easily.

7. CYKBC macrumors 6502

6 is marred by clicky screen and crescent front camera. 5s is better built.

8. C DM macrumors Westmere

Pretty sure there have been screen issues for some worth any model, but they have been applicable to a small minority at best with any of those models.

9. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

I can daily compare my iPhone 6 with my wife's iPhone 5S.
    Both have strong and weak points, but overall I think the iPhone 5S is the best iPhone ever made.

10. glenthompson macrumors 68000

glenthompson

I went from a 5 to a 6s and my wife went from a 5s to a 6s+. We both are much happier with the 6s. She really likes the larger screen size. I like the speed (very noticeable with touch id) and the slightly larger screen.