Own photo site

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by carlosbutler, May 28, 2008.

1. carlosbutler macrumors 6502a

carlosbutler

I was just wondering what sites other users had - here is one of mine
    cb-photography.co.uk

post any photography sites that you have

2. costabunny macrumors 68020

costabunny

Nice :)

I am still working on my portfolio (deciding what to keep, print, mount, delete etc) before I make it public - but I have my casual shots of recent visits and my baby Kittys on the site already

www.rachel-clark.com

3. termina3 macrumors 65816

www.NickensPhotography.com

I have to say, I love SmugMug… best. service. ever. if anyone is interested in a site from them, PM me.

Edit: I don't mean to imply that I'm giving them out for free… I just don't want to post an unsolicited referral code. Too spammy for me.

4. onomatopoeia macrumors 6502

onomatopoeia

5. thr33face macrumors 6502

6. eddx macrumors regular

eddx

nice work people.

My site is www.edwud.com

I cover a wide range of styles of photography, I try to take everything I can from interiors, still life, city scapes, portraits, landscapes, architecture, long exposures and more.

My site has a new photograph online everyday and I write up the how, why, where and when giving my readers tips and tricks I learn when out in the field.

Enjoy.

7. FrankieTDouglas macrumors 65816

I actually JUST finished rebuilding my portfolio site. It went live about 24 hours ago. Check it out if you'd like. http://www.andybloxham.com

I have various photo bodies of work online, in addition to a vast amount of the prose I've written over the past few years, plus a lot of video I work with. There's even a section for my students' work. I'm currently an MFA candidate in photography.

8. Over Achiever macrumors 68000

Over Achiever

9. atari1356 macrumors 68000

atari1356

Here's mine... a gallery of my photography work along with some "musings" on photography related topics:

http://www.pixpeep.com/

(the musings part is kind of thin right now... I need to write more :) )

10. kidkaprie macrumors member

kidkaprie

11. -hh macrumors 68020

-hh

The older website, which has become a quick and dirty dumping ground in this subdirectory:

www.huntzinger.com/photo/

The new website, which is being done in iWeb. Conversion is going very slowly, as I'm trying to keep it organized and fairly well documented (I'm already losing ground in some areas):

www.photo-hh.com

-hh

12. onomatopoeia macrumors 6502

onomatopoeia

Hey, I've visited your site before. Your guide to simulating cross-processing in Aperture is excellent. Great shots too!

13. CaveManNOhio macrumors newbie

WOW, after viewing every one else's galleries I'm almost a shamed to have linked my sad little sites.:eek:
    I know for sure I need a better camera. Thanks to all that have shared.

14. termina3 macrumors 65816

It's cliché, but it's not the camera (to a large degree). What I've found makes the difference is going out and trying to emulate other photographers' work. Because really we're just an assembly of other people's ideas and styles.

15. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

It's not all about the equipment. You could have a 50k photo system and still take horrible photos if you don't know what you're doing. It's more about the person behind the camera.

16. CaveManNOhio macrumors newbie

I've always liked to mess around with photography since I was a kid. I like taking more pictures of wild life and nature more than any thing. I also like 35 MM manual better than digital at times.

17. ArtandStructure macrumors member

My work can be found at:

Art and Structure design studio

I will be doing a show at Gallerie Karon in Ashland, Oregon this coming September with a meet and greet friday September 5th, 5pm-8pm. The photos will be on display the remainder of the month. Obviously real prints far surpass what one can see on the web, so feel free to drop by if you are in the area and have a look!

Take care,

Jesse Widener
    www.artandstructure.com