Owning an iPad and 7.85" iPad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by iJcaP, Aug 14, 2012.

1. iJcaP macrumors 6502

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Prolly would not have both, but I'm still not convinced we will see a Mini this year

3. irDigital0l Guest

No.

Got iPad 1 and iPhone 4.

anything else is a waste.

4. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Yep. I like that size for taking along in a handbag instead of a totebag. And I think I'm just hanging onto my 4S phone so it's not an impossible budgeting problem either.

5. dkersten macrumors 6502a

I'm not sure if I'm if I would have either (if the price is right I would look into the smaller iPad), but I definitely would not own both.

6. Che Castro macrumors 603

You know your in the ipad section right ?

Lol i feel you, i dont have an imac but i like reading threads in that section

7. flyingmau5 macrumors newbie

If the iPad looks like a bigger iPhone then I am speechless about the design of the newly rumored miniPad.

8. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

I currently have iPads 2 & 3, plus a Nexus 7.

It's a great combination.

If Apple hadn't resisted for so long I'd have an iPad mini already.

But as they say, you snooze, you lose. :D

9. profets macrumors 68040

Lol, sometimes I think an iPhone, iPad, MBA and iMac are overkill, but why not throw an iPad mini into the mix as well?

I wouldn't replace my iPad with the mini, but in my close family, where there are 4 iPads around, I can quickly think of 6-7 who would buy an iPad mini at sub-$300 for much more casual use and travelling.

I think if they release one it'll be a lot like how the iPod mini increased iPod sales in general.

10. boy-better-know macrumors 65816

boy-better-know

My immediate response is hell no. I have a retina macbook pro, iPad 3 and iPhone 4 combo. However, if the rumors from a while back about different coloured iPad minis are true I may seriously consider it.

11. ChristianJapan macrumors 601

ChristianJapan

As far as I know me I will not be able to resist and get a wifi mini. :eek:
    If the price is below $279. Above maybe not.

12. PortableLover macrumors 6502a

No, will not get a Mini, I already have an iPad 3, and will get an iPhone '5'. I may get it for one of my family though.

13. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

I see no point in me owning both. I have a 4S(will be upgrading to the next iPhone as well) and the new iPad as well.

14. boomhower macrumors 68000

boomhower

I won't and I can't see to many people who would own both for their personal use. If you are constrained by budget or just want the smaller size you'll get the mini, otherwise the larger one. The amount of people who have enough usage for both sizes will be extremely small. I think they will be outnumbered by those who will buy one just because it's a new Apple product. I won't replace my iPad 2 with a mini but will buy two for kids if the price is right.

15. nelly29 macrumors member

I want the ipad mini......In Sept I will either buy a nexus 7 or pre order a iPad mini......

I am a fan of the tablets with a smaller size as I find 10 inch tablets to big to take with you without a backpack...

I had a nexus 7 for 2 weeks and really liked it I could throw it in my inside jacket pocket and was ready to go....I returned it because I know a ipad mini would rock and figured I would wait 4 weeks to see if it was real....if it is I will wait, if not I will purchase another N7 in Sept.

16. jmpnop macrumors 6502a

jmpnop

I like smaller tablets, I might get the iPad mini if the price is right or I'll go with Nexus 7.

17. bushido Suspended

bushido

no, already have a Kindle for reading + my iPad

18. Aluminum213 macrumors 68040

Aluminum213

owning both myself is a complete waste, but I will be getting the mini for my girlfriend

19. rmhop81 macrumors 68020

rmhop81

don't worry...when it comes out and you drool over it. you will be getting one and sending that Nexus 7 packing! haha

20. Uofmtiger macrumors 68000

Uofmtiger

No, I am happy with the iPad + iPhone combo. I also have a kindle for reading and I prefer it to iOS for reading in the sun.

I consider the iPhone to be pocketable and the mini, like the iPad, doesn't fall into that category.

21. wrkactjob macrumors 65816

wrkactjob

Yes very much.

iPad brilliant for holidays but its too big to put in your pocket if your just out casually.

You know when I'm going to enjoy using the mini most? when my bloody wife is trying stuff on in the womens clothes shops she drags me around because she wants a second opinion. Really the seating waiting areas of those shops should have complimentary iPads for all the husbands or at least a few car mags.

The new iPhone with its 'tall' screen just isn't quite big enough to satisfy.

22. anonymouslurker macrumors regular

Yes.

I mentioned in another thread that I own a motorcycle, a luxury convertible, and a pickup truck. They all provide the same basic transportation, but obviously some things are easier to do, or more preferable to do, in one as opposed to the others.

Different devices, different form factors, different capabilities, all make tasks easier or more enjoyable to do on one as opposed to the others.

This is why I have a desktop PC, a macbook air, an ipad, a kindle fire, and an android phone. There are some tasks that I could do on any one of them, but some that I prefer to do on one more than others.

23. jamesjingyi macrumors 6502a

jamesjingyi

No, until I get a job cuz I can't afford it. Was actually thinking of a Nexus 7...

24. Sech macrumors member

I can't see owning both long term even though I have a Nexus 7 and a Retina iPad right now. If / when Apple releases the iPad mini, I'll be more than happy to sell my Retina iPad. For my needs, I cannot see a reason for keeping both. After using the Nexus 7 and loving the form factor, I cannot wait to have a similar sized device running IOS.