Owning multiple iPads

Discussion in 'iPad' started by i0Nic, Oct 27, 2012.

1. i0Nic macrumors 65816

So I have finally decided it's a waste to own both a larger iPad and an iPad mini, so I will decide which one better fits my needs when I can compare them both in person.

For those of you planning to buy a mini to complement your existing iPad, what is your justification for doing so? And what models of each device do you have or plan to purchase?

For me I decided that one iPad would simply not be used enough to warrant owning both. And it would be silly carrying both devices to work in the same bag, so one would stay home and not be used.

What are your thoughts?

2. Poochi macrumors 6502a

Poochi

I think the large one is best to use at home... If the residual value is low might as well keep it and just sell/replace the newer smaller device.

If mini meets all your needs, you can just get rid of the big one altogether.

If mini is not for you, you can return it.

We like to use an iPad to stream shows while using the other iPad to surf at the same time.

3. Geekbabe macrumors 6502a

Geekbabe

I am debating on whether or not to sell my 16 GB WiFi iPad 3 & replace it with a 32 GB Verizon LTE iPad 4 or to just keep this and get an LTE iPad mini. I love the retina screen & think watching movies will be better on the larger device.

Totally a first world problem eh?

4. vince. macrumors newbie

Wifey has an ipad2 16gb wifi, and I have an ipad3 32gb LTE.

I bought her a white mini 16gb wifi, and myself a black mini 16gb LTE. We will likely be selling her ipad2 since she forgot she had it. it never got much use

So, for HER, i think she'll be more likely to use it because it's a bigger screen than her iphone, but not as big as her iPad. she never carried her ipad in her purse because it was big and heavy. I believer her mini will get toted around a lot more

for me, i will keep both the ipad3 and the ipad mini. i don't think it would be a waste having both the mini and the full-size because often times i don't like holding the ipad in bed, on the couch - not to mention toting it around.

The full-size will still get use when I'm meeting with clients, or needing to entertain the kiddos (they really use it more than me anyway)

Now that I've had the retina iPad, I don't think I could ever give that up.

5. Liquinn Suspended

I own the first and fourth gen iPad (well, I will do come Friday) . :)

6. i0Nic thread starter macrumors 65816

What is it about meeting clients that you need the bigger iPad?

7. vince. macrumors newbie

it's not that I NEED it, but the bigger screen and retina resolution helps tremendously until I can afford the retina MBP

The Retina iPad does photos a great justice :D