Oyster - Regex tool with Code Generation and Dash Integration

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by rougeExciter, Jul 1, 2013.

1. rougeExciter, Jul 1, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2013

rougeExciter macrumors newbie

rougeExciter

Regular expressions are a powerful tool for developers, but they aren't the easiest things to build and debug. Oyster helps you interactively build and test them, storing each "pearl" in an easy to access library.

With powerful syntax highlighting, dynamic updates of matches and the results of replacement patterns in test text it has never been easier to build and test your regular expressions.

Once you've got it just the way you like it, oyster lets you copy the code in one of 11 languages onto the clip-board or by dragging out the pip into your desired editor. Starting with Dash 1.8.5 you can save your regular expression as a snippet in Dash's library.

You're not alone either, Oyster has built in integration with Oyster Farm, an online repository for pearls. You can download something that seems to fit the bill for you, and tweak it into what you would like. You can even share your changes, or entirely new pearls of your own.

Read Brett Terpstra's review here

or just go right ahead and

Download on the Mac App Store

2. bugfaceuk macrumors 6502

bugfaceuk

I wouldn't normally do this but I must say I'm impressed. I've tried a few of these, and this is the first I can see myself using on a regular basis. One of the key things in the library, but the keyboard short-cuts seem very well thought through.

Note that you've miss spelled "Perl" as "Pearl" in a couple of places, that needs to be fixed.