Ozaki iCoat Slim Y+ Magnet Fix!

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by harpangel36, Aug 16, 2012.

1. harpangel36 macrumors newbie

I purchased an Ozaki iCoat Slim Y+ despite the reviews of the magnets not being strong enough for the sleep/wake function. I tried the Moshi Versacover but just really wanted the pink color of the Ozaki. When I got it, it did indeed not stay closed tightly. So here's what I did. Take an elastic hair band (costs about $1) and put one end inside the back cover of the case. Put my iPad in the case so it keeps the elastic band secure. Now when I close it, it is secure. Also secures the back when open for reading. Now, I'm a happy Ozaki iCoat camper! :D Hope this helps :)

Attached Files:

2. LiloThePleo macrumors 6502

Not a bad idea :) Thanks! I don't have problems with mine in general, but it gets tossed around a bit in my bag sometimes.

The sleep/wake on mine works perfect, I think you are referring to the lack of magnets to hold it closed?

3. harpangel36 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes. Everytime I picked it up it would click on and off. And in my bag, I kept hearing the constant on/off sounds.:(

4. dieburnbot, Aug 16, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2012

dieburnbot macrumors 6502a

dieburnbot

The newer ones being released (not sure of the regular y and y+), but the travel and y++ have this strap built in. Also, I think they come with stronger magnets as well, not sure.

You can see my review here of the y++. I own the travel one (rome) as well and it also has the strap and the unconfirmed stronger magnets.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1395737

However that is an excellent idea to fix the problem.

5. joekim1026 macrumors regular

unfortunately this does not work with the devicewear ridge case haha