P2 Footage out of sync on timeline, but works on export

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Chulo, Dec 18, 2007.

1. Chulo macrumors member

Working with footage from both miniDV and P2 Card. Everything works except for one of the clips from the P2 camera. I'm working on a DVPro50 Timeline in HD. When I play the quicktime on FCP it plays fine. When I drag it to this timeline it is out of sync.

I've tried syncing it by moving the video back and matching it up to the correct sound. But when I export it like this it is out of sync. Now, when I export it OUT OF SYNC, it comes out SYNCED. This is the only clip doing this. Really strange. Just trying to figure out what's wrong. Thanks for any help.

G5
    Final Cut Pro 6.0
    MAC OSX 10.4.11

2. alex1 macrumors newbie

Wacky to be sure! If no one answers back here in a timely manner, check dvxuser.com that group is 90% Panasonic so someone there would have a good idea.

3. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

1. Are you working in a DVCPro 50 timeline or a DVCPro HD timeline 'cause there's no such thing as a "DVCPro 50 HD" ;)

2. Have you tried dropping the problematic clip into a new Timeline (your current timeline might be corrupt)?

3. Have you tried creating a new project and brining the problematic clip into the new project (your current project might be corrupt)?

4. Have you tried trashing your FCP preferences?

5. Have you tried exporting the problematic file from the Browser (as the clip itself might be corrupt) and then importing the newly made file? File->Export->QT Movie (not QT conversion), "check" Make self-contained, do not "check" Recompress all frames.

Lethal

4. dave@toastmedia macrumors member

There is an option in the HVX 200 / 202 camera to "repair" clips.
    Its in menu system when that clip is highlighted.

Perhaps repair the clip inside the camera on the P2 card then use the "log and Transfer" feature in FCP.