P2P Program that connects to the Ares and Gnutella Network / Help With Poisoned

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by DirkBreeuwer, Dec 16, 2008.

1. DirkBreeuwer macrumors member

I recently switched from Windows to OSX. I used Ares Galaxy as my main P2P program, I really liked the files that I was able to find in that Network. I did a little research and found that there was this program for mac called "Poisoned" - "gIFT". The program does uses to to both Networks ,but I am not able to connect.

It may be that I am behind a NAT router (My ISP's), so I am not able to do any port forwarding. On the other side, when I used Ares I had no problems.

Does anyone know any other program uses those networks?

Has anyone had a simmilar issue with Poisoned?

2. drichards macrumors 6502a

drichards

The program hasn't been updated in over two years, perhaps the networks have changed their client connection protocols and Poisoned got lost in the dust.

3. DirkBreeuwer thread starter macrumors member

Haha hadn't noticed. Well are there any other programs that used those Networks?

4. drichards macrumors 6502a

drichards

I'd just run Ares Galaxy under Darwine or Crossover if that software wasn't working out for me...

5. DirkBreeuwer thread starter macrumors member

Ok just tried it with Crossover. I get stuck when finishing install, I checked the website and it is kinda unsupported.

I dont have Darwine at the moment, but I am going to give it a try later.

On the other side I would really like to have a native application to try to be as far away from any complications as possible.