P2P Software reccomendations and help?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by JotaPorras, Feb 15, 2009.

1. JotaPorras macrumors newbie

Hey since i switched to mac about two months ago ive been looking for a good p2p client. Back in the windows days i used ares and loved it. So now ive downloaded several other programs like: Acquisition, Hedera, Posioned, iSwipe and Limewire.

At least two of those are for different networks and none of them have worked except for limewire, but there is too much virus and spam in it. The best option would be a working client for ares network. Every other program just wont connect. Does anyone use iswipe by the way?

2. Jethryn Freyman macrumors 68020

Jethryn Freyman

BitTorrent is the best P2P protocol, Transmission is the best Mac client for it.

3. SHADO macrumors 6502a

SHADO

There are numerous clients for OSX. I use Vuze and uTorrent, which are the three most popular along with Transmission.

4. JotaPorras thread starter macrumors newbie

but im looking not for a torrent site, im looking for a limewire or ares kind of program. I do have Vuze and its the best torrent client ever

5. sn00pie macrumors 6502a

sn00pie

I don't use them myself, but I've got a few friends who use an app called Frostwire.

6. dirt farmer macrumors 6502

Back in the day, when I used such things, Cabos was by far the best Limewire client I found.

7. Jethryn Freyman macrumors 68020

Jethryn Freyman

Frostwire is basically the same as Limewire - is uses the same P2P network.

8. Yodgee macrumors member

9. spaceballl macrumors 68030

spaceballl

Acquisition is, I think, the best Mac OS X limewire-esque program. beautiful interface, constant updates - shareware unfortunately, but I paid for it since I found it to be of such high quality.