Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JotaPorras

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 4, 2009
Hey since i switched to mac about two months ago ive been looking for a good p2p client. Back in the windows days i used ares and loved it. So now ive downloaded several other programs like: Acquisition, Hedera, Posioned, iSwipe and Limewire.

At least two of those are for different networks and none of them have worked except for limewire, but there is too much virus and spam in it. The best option would be a working client for ares network. Every other program just wont connect. Does anyone use iswipe by the way?

JotaPorras

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 4, 2009
There are numerous clients for OSX. I use Vuze and uTorrent, which are the three most popular along with Transmission.

but im looking not for a torrent site, im looking for a limewire or ares kind of program. I do have Vuze and its the best torrent client ever

spaceballl

macrumors 68030
Nov 2, 2003
San Francisco, CA
Acquisition is, I think, the best Mac OS X limewire-esque program. beautiful interface, constant updates - shareware unfortunately, but I paid for it since I found it to be of such high quality.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.