PA app over bluetooth

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by chinarut, Aug 23, 2011.

1. chinarut macrumors member

I had someone demo the Jawbone Jambox to me yesterday and whoa - possibilities galore!

To better justify getting this puppy (not cheap!), I'd want this to double as a portable PA system - what I have in mind is I could have my iPhone in my pocket and whatever I say through the headphone mic comes out wirelessly thru bluetooth on these speakers (nice & loud)

I'm also assuming that it'd be trivial to switch back and forth between amplifying my voice and music I want to play. hell - if it's voiceover, the app might as well be your wedding DJ's best friend! :rolleyes:

2. marsdog macrumors newbie

BlueTooth PA

I saw Jawbone Bigbox yesterday and figured I could use that for streaming a music playlist, via Bluetooth, for all my Cub Scout events. As noted above, what would really justify the purchase for me, would be to find an app that let me use my iPhone as a mic to stream my voice, also via Bluetooth, to the Jawbone!
    I'm no programmer, but if we can stream music so effortlessly to Bluetooth speakers, streaming voice to the same system seems a pretty logical leap! However, I have found nothing! There are alot of apps which turn the iPhone to a PA with a wired connection, or an AirPlay connection (via WiFi), but I need wireless Bluetooth so that this may work in the great outdoors!
    Any ideas? Thanks!