PAC code hasn't arrived yet, buy iPhone now?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MattDell, Nov 9, 2007.

1. MattDell macrumors 6502

MattDell

I had planned on buying an iPhone today, but my PAC code hasn't come from Orange yet. Can I still activate an account with O2 today, get a number for the weekend, and then change my number over when my PAC code arrives (most likely Monday)?

-Matt

PS - The act of porting a number takes about 20 minutes in the States. You Brits should look into similar methods. :cool:

2. Devil's Refugee macrumors 6502

Yes, I believe O2 will give you a 14 day window in which to call with your PAC code when it arrives.

Alternatively, you could phone Orange and ask for it over the phone if it's been 'ordered' (but not sent out to you yet)

3. SayCheese macrumors 6502a

I think that I read somewhere that this is possible. I am thinking that I might use this option even though my PAC code has arrived already.

This way I figure that I can activate the iPhone and test it for a couple of days and then if I can live with the slow EDGE speeds I can transfer my number across. If I don't like something with the phone then I can always either not use the PAC code and keep my current contract running or transfer to T-mobile or some other network/device.

Pretty much a failsafe if this will work.

Just need someone to confirm it for me.

4. MacMonkee macrumors regular

MacMonkee

I'll called up O2 twice now to confirm this. They told me that you can tell them your PAC code as soon as you get it and there is no 14 day limit.