PAC code needed for purchase?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by CBX, Jul 8, 2008.

1. CBX macrumors regular

Do you need to have your PAC code ready for when you purchase if coming from another provider and want to keep your number or can this be sorted out later?

2. philgilder macrumors 68000

3. sara123456 macrumors member

with cpw it has to be at the time of the order but with o2 i think you can do it later

4. April Dancer macrumors regular

April Dancer

From what I remember from the previous iPhone, it asked for a pac when you activiated it in iTunes. I already had it so I don't remember if there were options to wait. I've got a feeling that if you want to keep your number this has to be sorted out from the start, it's not something you can do afterwards. But don't quote me. Someone on here will know better.

Anyway, as the pac is valid for 30 days I'd go ahead and get it. Nothing happens if you don't use it.

5. CBX thread starter macrumors regular

cheers.

will get it and then if no stock or what ever i guess i can just uncancel the pac request.

Are the avaialble over phone or do they make you wait for a pac code?

6. gazzer82 macrumors regular

In the UK both orange and vodafone post it to you, take five working days or so. I spoke to O2 yesterday though and they said that you can phone them up with the PAC code one you have a contract setup and they will port the number across in a couple of days.

Handily it normally happens instantly, i.e once the number leaves your current network it appears on the new one strait away. Though last time i ported i could ring from both phones for about an hour which was confusing.