PACE issues!

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by Drummy, Sep 7, 2010.

1. Drummy macrumors member

Hey guys!

I'm having some issues opening PT8.

Here's the deal.

My new Mac Pro arrived today. I spent most of the day loading it up with everything that I needed incl. a "moody" copy of "Waves Bundle" (bad idea in retrospect; I've now gotten rid of it!). Once it had been installed I attempted to open PT and was given a message about needing some more PACE InterLok extensions to open the programme and then, soon after, crashed (i.e. M-Audio had quit unexpectedly). I downloaded them and it no longer came up with the message, but when attempting to open anything it still did the "M-Audio had quit unexpectedly" business. Since it was only a days work, I resolved to just start again. I installed OSX to a separate HD and used that as the start-up disk. I then formatted the boot disk that I had been working on all day and cloned the newly installed OS onto it. Finally I reformatted the temporary OS HD. I was under the impression that this procedure should gave erased all trace of anything preventing me from using Tools, but I have just installed Tools before almost anything else and It has come up with the same message about needing PACE extensions. What the hell is up!? :mad:

2. Xavier macrumors 68020

Are you using Pro Tools M powered or LE?

Do you have the iLok USB key?

3. Drummy thread starter macrumors member

I'm on M-Powered with a newly purchased iLok which I transferred my lisenced to. I couldn't run PT Updater for the same reason as PT but now I'm downloading 8.0.4 from Avid (only 8.0 comes on my DVD) and am hoping that (since 8.0.3 is I think and essential update) that will work. Fingers crossed!