Pacifist Installing Intel Apps?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by chaostheory639, Jun 14, 2009.

1. chaostheory639 macrumors newbie

Hey guys, I'm new to the forums here, but not exactly a mac noob. I've had my PPC iMac G5 for a while now, and I was having problems with Terminal and Activity Monitor, so I decided to reinstall my entire Utilities folder using Pacifist from my install DVD. Unfortunately, now most of my Utilities are all Intel apps, and obviously can't be run on my PCC architecture. I'm sure there IS a way to get the apps off my disk as PPC apps, but for some reason Pacifist is only installing them as Intel. Thanks, specs below.

10.5.7, 2.1 GHz PPC G5, 1GB RAM

2. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

Hmm, that's very odd. All of the apps in my utilities folder are universal. The only thing I can suggest offhand is an archive & install. Is this Tiger or Leopard you're trying to install?

3. chaostheory639 thread starter macrumors newbie

It's Leopard, I was hoping for something less drastic. I've found software equivalents for most everything (iTerm, Disk Warrior), however I would really like to have the originals back. I did some digging, and as it turns out Pacifist is not correctly copying the apps from the instal DVD. When I "View Package Contents" all I get is a Resources folder within Contents, no MacOS, no version or Info plists, no Frameworks. I've attempted the copying of the apps in a bunch of different ways, but none of it is working. :mad: :confused:

4. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

Well, the nice thing about A&I is that you can set the "preserve users and network settings" flag and you'll end up with your system just as it was before... except with the utilities firmly in place.

If you prefer, I can send you a package of the contents of my Utilities folder. Drop me a PM and I'll give you the link.